Thursday 13 May 2021

Clarice Cliff And The Colour Room 2021.

 At Last a film by Sky Cinema about Clarice Cliff 1899-1972.  The locations include Stoke, The Black Country Museum, and Birmingham Town Hall.

It will be 50 years in 2021 since the iconic designer died at Chetwynd House aged 73. The house sold for £57,000 pounds later that year In 1972. The house is now occupied by Professor Flavia Swann and you can see Clarice Shorter etched into the glass. Clarice married Colley Shorter in 1940.

.




Above Red Roofs on a Vase,circa 1932 above Clarice Cliff late 1940's A rare photograph.

Above Chris Rogers "Offenham" plate circa 1999. I paint and enjoy the past time and I will continue for as long as my eyes last.

I choose to write new blogs covering many subjects and to let those know I am back from the blue Lagoon! much more to come soon.

My passion started years ago selling Clarice Cliff Lotus jugs for a fiver in London in the 70's, I met The Bigarre Girls in 1999 and my cousin met Clarice twice in 1959 and 1961. 

Enjoy the film in September/October 2021 interesting viewing hope they don't make any mistakes as my beady eyes will be watching.  There is Nothing delusional about me! just a lot upstairs and a passion that I hope will burn bright for a few years yet!

Chris Rogers

 Designer and Historian 2021.


No comments:

Post a Comment