Sunday 20 March 2022

Clarice Cliff and Ethel Barrow.

 For those who have been around sometime? Ethel  Barrow was the original Crocus lady in 1927, she was borrowed from Dolly Cliff and the rest is History....


The card was done for me by Ethel in 1999, and her signature too from this card. Ethel was no shrinking violet a tough very talented painter.

Ethel told me  I always called her Clarice she never sent me on any demonstrations, and I always called her Clarice, not Miss Cliff, she knew I was to good to loose.

Clarice asked Midwinter to keep me on in 1964, when she sold the factory, so I guess she appreciated my work and talent. I spoken on the phone to Ethel, her daughter was lovely met her at Wedgwood  in 1999. Terry Abbotts took some lovely home movies of  Ethel and i saw them at his home, sadly Terry passed away over 2 years ago.


Chris Rogers designer/Historian 2022.


No comments:

Post a Comment